Friday, June 29, 2007

Genuine man

I love your authenticity my love. Your blue eyes looking for love and assurance in mine is not weakness. It is why God put us together. To help one another...a three stranded cord is not easily broken. I too need your leading, love and hope for a marriage that is just starting as we are in our later years. What you despise about yourself...I love. I love rough hands calloused with years of work that tenderly reach out and touch me and tousled gray hair graced with the Lord's wisdom...I look up to you and admire the things you have learned. Torn muscles on your left bicep paint one of life's mishaps on your frame. You are not perfect and I love that. It makes you real because mighty man you too are vulnerable. Lines of stress and laughter show you have lived life well and lived it hard.

I relish lying in bed with you on crisp sheets running my fingers through curly chest hairs gray, black, and soft. I kiss your lips and taste the salt from a days hard work. I fall asleep hearing you snore. The rhythmic sound puts me to sleep. All must be well and right for the man of the house is asleep and at peace. Then I too may sleep soundly knowing you are keeping watch unconsciously. You are the Lord's best for me and you were worth the wait......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home